Monday, February 29, 2016

Oscars 2016: Best (and worst) Dressed

Ahh, awards season. Nothing better than sitting on the couch in your sweatpants while you stuff your face with wine and popcorn and judge what celebrities are wearing.

Am I right or am I right?

Anyway, while posting as many Leo Oscar memes as possible before they became irrelevant, I channel surfed between Academy Awards red carpet shows to get the inside scoop of all the glitz and Hollywood glamour. 

In a sea of dresses and tuxes, I did spot a few looks that I would consider "Best Dressed." 

So without further ado, I present: TC&CS's Best Dressed List.


This woman is one of the most stunning women in Hollywood, in my opinion. Priyanka Chopra in Zuhair Murad was a superb choice with a subtle hint of skin while staying on trend in white. (Remember Beyonce's wedding dress at the Grammy's?)


Saoirse Ronan in custom Calvin Klein is unexpected but absolutely gorgeous. The sillouette is perfect for her slender figure as it just floats down her body. The beachy waves added a youthful element while her eyes popped with a smoky makeup look. 


As the muse of the Maison, Alicia Vikander wears quite a bit of Louis Vuitton on the red carpet. However, this beautiful yellow color was definitely not predicted. Channeling her inner Belle, Academy Award winner Alicia Vikander showed a playful, feminine side that paid off.  


Best Actress winner Brie Larson is a vision in blue on the red carpet. The sapphire color of this Gucci gown is perfect for standing out while doing so elegantly. One of my favorite parts of this dress is the subtle tulle detail on the neckline. It's a simple touch that adds a delicate element to the look. 


Chrissy Teigen is my favorite person to follow on Twitter. She is absolutely hilarious while being stunningly gorgeous and basically reads our minds whenever she talks about food. Here, she is glowing in Marchesa. The low-neck and hip-hugging silhouette keeps this maternity look very sexy. 


It was a tragic moment when we missed J-Law on the red carpet and I had to find a photo of her after Chris Rock was already halfway done with this monologue. It is no surprise that Jennifer Lawrence is stunning in Dior. Love the nude, love the lace, love the fringe, love her. 


Have to have some guys on this list! Now I may be biased because it is my favorite color, but I thought Michael Strahan in this blue tux was a great look. While I love seeing men wear the classic black and white, it's refreshing to see some color on the red carpet from men.


This dapper young man stole the show with his adorable charm. Plus, he was so talented in Room. This boy has a bright future ahead of him for sure. Jacob Tremblay, remember that name. 

And worst dressed goes to...


Heidi, I love you, but you look like an Easter bonnet. Take away the sleeve and flowers, and you'd have a beautiful tulle gown but all together it is way too much. I will not be surprised if I see this Marchesa gown on the worst dressed lists. 


Who was your best and worst dressed? 
How do you feel about the end of the Leonardo DiCaprio Oscar memes? 
Let me know in the comments below!

Xo,
Nat


Image Source: elle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment